Recipes

Monday, July 18, 2011

GF Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies

Saw this recipe on The Short and Sweet of It and HAD to try it
Just swapped vegan chips for the chocolate chips
Honey for the brown sugar and BOOM- delicious cookies I can eat!
(I'm working on making these vegan.  Just because I for some reason find it fun to make vegan baked goods....)

2 cups of peanut butter
2 cups of chocolate chips (I used vegan carob chips)
2 cups brown sugar (I used 1 cup of honey)
2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs (I've tried using bananas instead of egg.  Didn't turn out so well.  Delicious, but more just a big gooey mess than cookies. Will try something else and get back to you.....)
(I also threw in about 1/2 cup a shredded zucchini.  Because I have a surplus of zucchini and thought it would be a good addition.  I was correct.)

Mix it all up, pop on the cookie sheet and stick in a 350 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes. Eat & enjoy. Makes about 40 good sized cookies! (they aren't the firmest cookie ever, a little soft and mushy, but I keep them in the freezer and you can hardly tell! Not sure if this is because there is no flour or if its because of the honey....)

Nutrition Facts
homemade
peanut butter cookies
Serving Size: 2 servings
Amount Per Serving
Calories238
Total Fat13.9g
      Saturated Fat2.8g
      Trans Fat0g
Cholesterol21mg
Sodium123mg
Carbohydrate22.7g
      Dietary Fiber2g
      Sugars19.1g
Protein7.9g
Vitamin A 1%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium    13%Iron 4%

No comments:

Post a Comment