Recipes

Monday, July 25, 2011

We have an abundance of zucchini's in our garden right now- so I'm getting really creative with our recipes!  We've already made bread, pancakes, pizza crust, noodles, and now- cookies!  And of course, this is after also eating it just plain grilled or sauteed as a side dish.  Those zooks sure know how to produce!


Secret Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/4 cup heart-healthy margarine { I used real butter. None of that fake stuff for me!}

3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed { I used 1/2 cup of Agave. Saw it used in another gf zucchini cookie recipe that I did not have all the ingredients for, thought it sounded good!}

3/4 cup zucchini, very finely grated or chopped with skin removed {I kept the skin on!}

1 egg

1 1/3 cupsgluten free master baking mix(or all-purpose GF mix of your choice) { I used Bob Mill's all purpose}


{I added a teaspon of xantham gum.  May have been too much, will try less or none next time}
1/2 cup gluten free certified oatmeal

2 tablespoons flax seed meal

1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips { I used vegan carob chips. I like keeping these in the house for baking. Because then I'm not tempted to nibble on them (like I am with real chocolate chips) }

Directions:

Cream margarine and brown sugar. Add zucchini and the egg. Stir in master mix, oatmeal, flax seed meal, and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen secret chocolate chip cookies!


{Recipe from Wellsphere.com}

1 comment:

  1. I still make the zuchunni bread a lot thanks to you! My family loves it! The cookies sound good too! You're so awesome Kat. I really miss you!- Jakayla

    ReplyDelete