Recipes

Thursday, August 18, 2011

4th of July

(oops, just realized that this never posted, nor was the post ever finished. Oh well, the pictures do a good job telling the story....)
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays- mostly because of the fun memories I had spending it with my cousins in Iowa.  
We can't take the girls to Iowa every summer (as much as I would love to!) So I realized I needed to plan something almost as fun to make a tradition when we are home for the 4th.  I organized a bike decorating a parade with a few friends, then we played (and ate!) at a park, then headed over to a friends house to bbq & wait for fireworks.  Izzy & Steve went home early (Izzy was fighting a cold and needed her sleep) but Jess got to stay up late and we walked from our friends house to a park where we could watch the show! 
Its not Iowa, but it was fun! (next year though, we're all about the mid-west for the 4th!)
A few fav pics from the day:
Jess helping me make fruit salad
 mmm, stra














No comments:

Post a Comment