Recipes

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sweet Treats

One of my biggest concerns whenever starting a new style of eating (which sadly, has been too many times) is what kind of "treats" I would be able to get. I have a HUGE sweet tooth. I need me my treats!

So I was really worried about what kinds of treats are available in any kind of "RAW" diet- luckily, they are plentiful!  My friend Patty emailed me with a link to Likes Veggies & Yoga and the problem was solved!

Averie has some amazing recipes that are vegan, high or all Raw, gluten free, etc.  Then she busts out these totally gluten-full, white sugar, not so good for you (but she explains why in one of her posts) desserts as well, and those look just as yummy!

The desserts I have made so far:

Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip balls.  I have made these seriously a bazillion times. I LOVE them
And she has a whole section of raw vegan "balls." I have made them with cacao nibs and my dairy free soy free choco chips. All were delish
Marshmellow stuffed Rice Krispie Bars.  I used my marshmallows and my chocolate chips, but still used butter, so it wasn't 100% vegan, but they were sooooo so good. Steve's favorite- making it again for him for his upcoming bday :)
Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oat snack bar. Vegan, and Girls approved :)
Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups. Off the chain
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars. I think these are my favorite bars I've made (another post on that, later)
Raw Vegan Chia Seed Pudding (you know I love me some chia!)
Raw Vegan Cheese Cake. Not exactly, but close enough for me!
Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse. To DIE for.

To name a few. And I have actually LOST weight eating all those deliciousnesses. (I'm aware that I just made that word up).  Goes to show that good food is good for you, no matter the calories or the fat.  Girlfriend needs to make a cookbook. I'd be the first to buy it!

I've done a bunch of Averie's other recipes as well- I've taken a liking to her blog, and her. Probably because she's in SD and likes yoga and has a little girl and likes photography, so we share a lot of common interests!  But her blog is really easy to get lost in, she's constantly linking up to her old posts and recipes.  Go check her out!


No comments:

Post a Comment