Recipes

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chia Banana Date Cookies- GF

Since I am now obsessed with chia, I was so excited when I found this recipe online.  Treats with the health benifits of chia! AND they're gluten free

Ingredients
8 Tablespoons of white chia seeds (though, from the minimal research I did, there isn't much difference between the two kinds)
8 Tablespoons of coconut flour
1 and a Half ripe banana
1 egg
4 tablespoons of chopped dates
4 Tablespoons of rolled oats
4 tablespoons of honey
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 Tablespoon of water
Method
Grind the seeds and the flour together. This makes the seeds grind easier and aerates the flour. I did this in the coffee grinder- my first time EVER using it!
Put this mixture into a bowl and add the rolled oats.
Blend together the banana, dates, honey, baking powder and water. Love my Vita-Mix
Add this to the dry ingredients in the bowl. Mix together. The consistency should be similar to a cake batter but not as runny as a pancake mix.
Drop dessertspoons of the mixture on to an oiled tray. Bake in a medium oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.

Made about 30 cookies.  Taste really similar to banana bread- thinking of trying it in muffin form next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment